Updates round the clubs re-opening
Following the lifting of the latest lockdown, we are looking forward to reopening the course on Wednesday 2nd December.
We anticipate extremely high demand from members and the pressure on tee times will be increased further by the short winter daylight hours. To ensure fair and open access to all members and compliance with Covid restrictions can golfers please abide with the following guidelines and courtesies.
- All tee times must be booked online.
- Booking is available 14 days in advance and the system has now gone back live
- All golf will be ‘casual play’ with no club competitions or protected tee times for groups and roll ups.
- Members can book/play a maximum of 3 rounds per week with at least one tee time after 11:30am.
- If there are spare tee times available these can be booked from 6pm the day before and used as ‘extra rounds’.
- The no fourballs before 10am rule (Sunday to Friday) will remain in force as will the 8th as the starting hole.
- Please give priority at weekends to ‘working’ golfers.
- If you only intend to play 11 holes or a shortened round please arrange to tee off after 12 noon.
- Members can play with ‘guests’ on payment of a green fee but visitors will be restricted until we can accurately gauge member demand.
- Please do not arrive more than 20 minutes before your tee time.
- Please carry your clubs if you can as this will really help preserve good ground conditions.
- If you do need to book a buggy please give shop staff 24 hours notice.
- We intend to return to a more ‘normal’ routine from Tuesday 5th January but will keep arrangements under constant review.
Bar / Cartering. As Shropshire is in Tier 2 (indoor socialising for households only) it has been decided that it is not viable to open the clubhouse for bar / catering and the lounge and dining room will be closed. Anthony intends to run a 'mobile' on course catering service between 10am and 2pm offering much needed hot drinks and snacks. Obviously this will be weather / demand dependent. Menu is HERE...and for convenience can members try to have the correct change with them please!
Shop will be open from Wednesday and various Christmas promotions and offers have been circulated. You will also be able to get hot drinks as usual from the shop but this must not be treated as a gathering / social area.
Course. Staff have worked extremely hard to maintain the course during the lockdown but please remember you are returning to a 'winter course'. The ground is wet in places and greenstaff are concerned that due to high demand it might cut up a little more than usual. To help please carry if possible, repair all pitch marks and observe marked routes and areas restricted by ropes.
Office will be open for limited hours with the preferred contact being by email.
Below is some useful information / guidance from England Golf
Enjoy your golf!