information regarding OGC stance on coronavirus
A management team have been set up to monitor the situation regarding the coronavirus and implement changes in a swift and effective manner.
Latest update - 23/03/2020
Following the Prime Minister’s address this evening the decision has been made to close Oswestry Golf Club for all golf and associated activities with immediate effect.
We have a great deal to consider and will release a further statement by the weekend which will outline contingency planning and aim to answer the many questions that members will obviously have.
In the meantime, can we respectfully request that members do not contact the club unless the matter is of extreme urgency.
Please stay safe in these difficult times.
20/03/20 - Bar & restaurant update
Further to todays Prime Ministers update as you are likely already aware we are having to close the bar and restaurant areas from this evening.
As such the following now applies:
Changing rooms - These will remain open to allow you to clean your hands etc. Please try and limit the amount of people in the changing rooms at any one time.
Food & Drink - We will be closing the food & beverage offer for this weekend.
A note from the 19th Hole team - "While the 19th bar and catering appreciate all our loyal customers and appreciate their continued support we have to prioritise their safety and at this time their well being is our biggest and only concern. We have always acted in line with government advice and continue to be guided by their expertise. We hope they will understand our decision to close for the weekend so we can set up a take away service to enable us to continue to serve our wonderful club."
Shop - The shop will remain open to accept competition entries and serve as normal as it is a retail operation. We will have a limit of 4 people (including shop staff) in the shop at any one time. If there are 4 people in when you arrive, please wait outside the shop door until someone has left. Entries will be handled by the shop team, please just check in with them, no need to enter on the computer.
Please could you also ensure you have the correct money available to minimise the need for the shop staff to handle change.
We appreciate your support in these matters and request that you please have patience with the staff and other golfers as we make our way through uncharted waters.
- The shoe/trolley cleaning airline is no longer in use
- Divot bags are no longer in use
- Cups on putting greens are now placed upside down
- Flags have been removed from the practice putting green
- Ball washers will be removed from use.
- Spring Open (Friday 27th March) - Postponed, with a new date to be advised in due course
- All rounds are to be pre booked online or through the pro shop (this will be active from wednesday morning). This will allow us to establish, and therefore monitor all golfers on the course at any time.
- All golfers must tee off during shop opening hours, 8:30 - 5pm.
- How to book online
- Any golfers who do not/cannot formally book, MUST register in the pro shop prior to playing
- All golf to start from the first tee
- Bunker rakes are to be removed making Bunkers GUR.
- Flags are to be left in the hole and NOT removed
- All qualifying golf will cease as of Midnight Wednesday 18th March until further notice
- We will unfortunately have to cancel the Open Weekend scheduled for 20-22nd March (anybody with a tee booking, will be contacted by the club)
- We have taken steps to further encourage social distancing, by removing the outdoor seating from the terrace area. This is to discourage large groups congregating closely together pre and post round.
- The swing room will be closed with immediate effect, and is only accessible for lessons.
- Clubs will be removed from display in the Pro Shop
- The snooker room will be closed and be reserved as a ‘safe place’
All effort is to be made to reduce large gatherings in the club house prior to playing, so NO multi tee starts until restrictions are finished with.
Clubhouse opening hours will continue on the winter schedule at present.
We will postpone the AGM planned for the 27th. This is to avoid many “at risk” members from being in a confined space. Should any rule changes be needed we will send out an electronic voting form.
Mother's Day Lunch - Cancelled
Our priority is the health and well-being of golfers and staff.
We trust members to behave in a respectful/responsible manner and anyone who feels they may have any symptoms
to please stay away from the club.
Further information and updates will be shared as they come available.